Monday, February 11, 2008

Honeymoon

Everytime that I talk to Karyn she reminds me that it's only 47 more days (or whatever the count may by on the day) until she becomes Mrs Chip Bennett. She is very excited, and so am I. I would have to admit though I'm much more excited to be married than to get married. The getting married part comes with choosing colors, wedding favors, and menu's. How should we decorate this? Who's going to do that? It's alot of planning for one day. I'm proud to say that I've been involved in plenty of those desicions. I'm happier to say that Karyn has been wonderful and taken care of most of the things I could care less about. The part of the wedding planning that I care most about however is the honeymoon.

We've been blessed with a week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. When we were in the decision making process and Mexico came up I knew that any resort area that we went to in Mexico was likely to be surronded by poverty. I didn't like the thought of being the rich American that spends more on a plane ticket to get there than some people make in a year. So I started researching and found an organization called CompassioNetImpact ran by a guy named Ric Lehman. I got in touch with him and asked if we could connect with the things that he was doing while we were down there. He was more than willing to help us out. So while we're enjoying our honeymoon we're also going to get a chance to jump in and get a little dirty helping with Ric's minstry. We're not sure exactly what we'll be doing because we'll see what the needs for the day are and just kinda jump in. When I first started searching for an organization that works with the poverty stricken in the area I wasn't looking for a Christain organization. It makes me happy however that people doing good in world are driven by the love of Christ.

At our reception Karyn and I plan on taking up donations that we would give directly to Ric and his ministry. If you want to give and aren't going to be at our reception get in touch with me and we'll work something out.

You can check out some of Ric photo's of Puero Vallarta here.

0 comments: