Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back in the saddle

Alot has happened in the last six months since I've posted anything here.  I seem to go in waves, however I've had alot things that I wanted to blog about, but was just too involved in other endeavors to make it happen. 

 The biggest is that I'm going to Iraq for a year at the end of July.  I found out the Friday before Valentine's Day and have been reacting to that news ever since.  I've joked with people that it's difficult to care about much else; maybe that's why I haven't blogged much.  I leave July 29th.  I'll blog pretty regular here just for my own enjoyment and for anyone who wants to know what's new. 

 Karyn and I have been trying to make the most of the time that we have together before I leave.  We've gone away for a week of vacation, we're headed to Selbyville next week with the family to build the new cabin and we're going to church camp in a couple of weeks. 

 I have tons of other stuff that share, Seminary plans, deployment plans, books I've read, great conversations I've had, but those will have to wait for another day.  Check back because I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat. 

0 comments: