Thursday, August 06, 2009

2012 Plan revisited

Sometimes even the best laid plans need to be adjusted.  My adjusted plans are a good thing, in fact a great thing.  A few days before church camp in July I got a phone call from the unit I was deploying with.  They told me their mission had changed and no longer needed me to deploy with them.  Needless to say I'm thrilled with the idea that I'm not going to be away for a year in Iraq.  One thing that Karyn and I had to do however is to rethink our 2012 plan....again.  One positive thing about the deployment is that the extra income was going to allow us to pay our debt down quicker than we anticipated.  Also the educational benefits would have been much more after I spent a year in Iraq.  Now however Karyn and I are forced to rethink those plans, and that's a good thing.
 
I think that going to seminary should be a challenging thing.  If it's too easy then I may be tempted to think that it's because of my hard work and good planning that everything went well, and not that God provided.  That's the danger of living in the wealthiest nation in the world isn't it?  

0 comments: