Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Cabin

Almost a month ago I took a week off of work in order to build a new cabin in Selbyville.  It was quite an event as my entire family took the week off to help out.  My Dad, brother, and I did most of the heavy lifting, while Mom, Karyn, and Laura cooked meals for us.  There were plenty of other people in and out the entire week helping out too.  In fact if it wasn't for Brad and Kevin coming back on Tuesday we would have had a really hard time getting the lofts up. 

It was loads of fun building the cabin (which my brother and sister want to call Carolina.  It makes no sense seeing that we're in West Virginia.  They like it because a song called Carolina that talks about a cabin in the mountains.) and someday I'll be able to take my kids back there and tell them stories about when their Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle Matt built the cabin.  I have so many fond memories of Selbyville, this is just another to add to the list. 

1 comments:

Brad said...

Matt's butt crack is growing....